Issued in the United States of America, Discover Card is nothing but a Credit Card. In the year 1985, it was introduced by the company Sears. Interestingly, during the time when it was launched, it was free and it offered a higher credit amount compared to other credit cards. The successive discovery of this concept of Discover Card was implemented in “cash bank bonus” on various buys and purchases.
Issued by the formerly known as Greenwood Trust Company which is currently named as Discovered Bank, the Discover Cards were widely in use.
Discover Cards Features
- First, there are no annual fees in Discover Cards and there is definitely a gain in this.
- Discover it, there is a rotating discount at different places like gas stations, clubs, restaurants, Amazon sale and so on.
- There is 2% cashback on purchases above $1000 on gas stations.
- For every dollar one spends with his or her card, there are 1.5x miles in Discover Miles.
- They don’t charge an annual fee for foreign transactions.
Now, with these facilities who wouldn’t want to use Discover Card for one’s own benefit?
Discover Card login
You can go to the website Click Here for logging in to your discover card. Put your User Id and Password in the required place and hence you can easily log in to your Discover Card. By logging in you can check your card balance, you can review the transactions. In addition, you can playbills, and much more. However, if you are not already a card member, you have to follow a few steps in order to become a Discover Card Member.
- You need to register to be a member of Discover Card.
- There are many options for being a member and you can be a member according to your need.
- The kinds of cards and other facilities on Discover Card are as follows
- Cash Back Credit Cards
- Home Equality
- Student Loans
- Personal Loans
- Gift Cards
- Home Loans
- Cardmember Agreement
- Debt Consolidation
- NHL Credit Card
- The various rewards that you can avail of being a member are as follows
- Cashback Rewards
- Deals to be discovered
- 5% bonus on cashback
- Refer to a friend
User Id and Password Must Have
Some technical features that your user id must have for safety purpose are as follows
- The length of the user id must be six to sixteen and must not be case sensitive.
- It must not contain apostrophes, question marks, spaces, and backslash.
- It is always advisable that your user id must have letters and numbers such that it is not obvious to guess your user id.
- Avoid obvious names such as family member’s name, spouse’s name, pet’s name and so on.
Also, Read —-> Kahoot Hack
Changing User Id and Password
- Forgetting your Password
In a worst-case scenario, you can forget your password to your Discover account. In such a case, you should click on the ‘Forgot User Id/Password’ button.T hen, click on ‘Forgot Password’ and then you will be redirected to a page that asks for your personal information and information related to the card.
In case you lack card information, you can also take the help of Customer Care to reset your card’s information. At this junction, you would definitely require it. The customer number is 1-800-347-2683.
You will be sent an email with your new temporary password. You need to create a new password within 72 hours of receiving the temporary password. You can do this by going to the “Account Information” from “Account Profile” option from the top of the account list.
- Forgetting User Id
In case you do not remember your User Id, there is a solution for that too.
Just as the previous step, from ‘Forgot User Id/Password’ select ‘Forgot User Id’. Now, the good thing, you can login with your account number of sixteen digits if you have forgotten your user id. Now, isn’t that great already?
Select “Account Information” from “Account Profile” again and you have two options here. One, you can use your current User Id or choose a new one.
For better and further guidance you should refer to the number 1-877-742-7822. This is the web support number.
Also, Check —-> HotSchedules Login
In case there is an Account Centre Access Error, you must immediately Contact Customer Care at 1-800-347-4996.
Disadvantages of Discover Card
In spite of many advantages and additional features that Discover Card provides, like any other technical software or banking card, it has its own flaws as well.
They are as follows.
- You have to pay high interest rates, and a lot depends on the credit scores that you possess. For example, nonstudents must have a credit score of APR 22.99%, while for students it is from 12.99% to 21.99%.
- One needs to keep track of the categories that one is eligible for.
- There is an introductory 0%APR for students. However, it is valid for purchase only, that too for transfer for the first year and 2 months (that is, 14 months).
However, the Discover Card provides very high customer service which is pretty recommendable overall. As a matter of fact, it received the badge of “Highest Rank In Customer Satisfaction” in the United States Credit Card Satisfaction Study.
As a matter of fact, when Discover was launched on the market, it was more friendly and seemed to provide much greater benefits at that point in time. However, unfortunately, nowadays all the credit cards are on par with Discover because they provide almost equal facilities.
However, it is to be kept in mind, while choosing the kind of card that you look for yourself, you need to be a little careful. Two cards might look very much alike but it is extremely important for you to go through the terms and conditions, interest rates and so on to identify the slight difference between them.