If you are interested in getting yourself an Xfinity Cable TV, Xfinity Broadband or Xfinity Home Phone subscription and is in search online for the perfect review and guide on Xfinity services and Xfinity login, today we bring you a detailed article on the same.
What is Xfinity?
Xfinity is a broadband, home phone, and cable TV service offered by Comcast. You might have already heard of the same set of services provided by Comcast itself, and they are one of the largest providers of broadband and cable TV services in the United States. So basically, Xfinity is a sub-brand offering the same set of services as Comcast. And NO, Xfinity was not a separate company that was bought by Comcast.
Xfinity Plans and Pricing
There are quite a lot different plans provided by Xfinity for just internet, cable TV, home phone, or in a combination of the three services.The plans are too diverse to list out in this Xfinity login guide but all details related to the plans and pricing can be found on the official Xfinity.com website.
The main point to consider when it comes to the pricing of Xfinity plans is that the pricing can very much vary from what is listed in the website and the price of Xfinity plans depends on your current location.Another important aspect that decides the price that you have to pay for Xfinity plan is whether you choose to have a subscription contract or not.
Just to give you an idea of the pricing of Xfinity plan, the best plan that you can choose if you live in the West part is the Performance Starter Plan from Xfinity which is a deal for just $19.99 a month. For the same plan, you will be paying over double if you are in the Northeast area.
Getting a contract signed for your Xfinity plan is a good idea provided you wish to continue with the Xfinity subscription you pick no matter what and if you wish to save some money on your subscription. If you choose to subscribe to an Xfinity plan along with a 1-year subscription, you can get a discount of about $10 per month, which is quite some money. However, going with a no-contract plan offers you no risk of any cancellation charges and you can switch to any other service provider anytime you wish.
Also Check –> ADP Login Guide
The pricing for subscription plans that are listed on the Xfinity website are promotional ones, which means once the promotional period of one year gets over, you will have to pay a higher price for the Xfinity plan that you own regardless of whether you chose to go with a contract based plan or opted your Xfinity subscription without a contract.
The best way to get a discount on your Xfinity subscription even once the promotional period gets over is by negotiating for a discounted price by the end of your promotional initial subscription.
Another great way to get a discount out of your Xfinity subscription is by bundling other services offered by Xfinity. For example, if you are going to subscribe for an Xfinity Internet Plan, then before subscribing you can also decide whether to bundle in a TV cable subscription or a Home Phone plan. Even though whether you want to bundle other Xfinity services or not depends on your requirements, doing so will also give you additional discounts on the total billing.
No matter what, always be sure to check out the final bill before you make the payment to be on the safer side of not getting a surprise on your checkout.
We earlier mentioned that the pricing of Xfinity plans varies depending on where you live. It is also to be taken care of that whether the Xfinity subscription that you are choosing is available in your current location. For example, the Blast! Pro plan from Xfinity is a very good deal, however, it is not offered at every location.
What are the additional fees associated with Xfinity Plans?
Before you go ahead and get your Xfinity login, you should know that apart from the price you pay for your Xfinity subscription, there are some additional costs that you will incur in the beginning and during your subscription period depending on the Xfinity plan you choose. Some of the additional costs for Xfinity plans are listed below.
Xfinity will charge you an installation cost when you start up with your subscription. The installation cost will not only depend on the Xfinity plan that you choose but will also depend on your location as well.
If you feel that the installation cost is high and if there are other service providers in your area that offer installation for free, you can try negotiating before purchasing your plan to get a discount on your installation charge.
Also Check —> University of Phoenix Login
The one-time fee that you have pay for your Xfinity plan does not come in the first subscription billing that you get while you get subscribed for the plan but will be added on to the first monthly billing of your subscription.
Similar to the installation cost, the one-time fee also depends on the plan and location and you can negotiate and try to get a discount here as well.
Early Termination Fee
If you choose to get a contract for your Xfinity subscription, then the early termination fee is something that you should be well aware of. Once you sign a contract for your Xfinity plan, you are subjected to stay with the service provider until the contract ends, and the contract is for 12 months.
In case you wish to terminate your contract in between the 12 months, then you are subjected to an early termination fee. The exact termination fee is not listed for any plan, however, most likely you will be paying the no-contract price of your existing plan for the remaining months of your contract as the early termination fee.
If you do not have a modem, then you can rent one from Xfinity. The Xfinity modem comes with its own router to use WIFI, however, the rent of the modem will be charged as an equipment fee. The equipment fee will be charged at $10 a month.
Xfinity Plan Performance Review
Comcast is not very well known for their data speeds. So one of the major questions that almost everyone has before subscribing to an Xfinity plan is whether Xfinity plans also face the data speed and connectivity issue similar to the services offered by Comcast, as basically both the services come from the same company.
Well, according to research conducted by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission), it was found that 80% of Xfinity customers get about 99% of data connectivity and speed as offered by their plans. If this seems like a bummer to you, then do consider that most of the competing service providers out there fail to provide even half in terms of connectivity and download speeds of what they claim.
Another great concern for subscribers is the data limit. Even though many service providers offer data at very cheap rates, they keep a very low data limit which most of the consumers exceed just within the first 15 days of a month.
One feature that Xfinity advertises a lot is the 1TB data limit that almost all of their plans come with. If having a data limit is not something that you would like to see, then consider that 1TB equals to 1000GB.
According to Xfinity, 1000GB of data per month is something most of their consumers do not reach even by the end of the month. And it makes sense as 1000GB per month is something that an average internet user might find quite huge.
On the other side, if you are someone who breathes through the internet and if 1000GB does not seem too much to you, then once your existing data limit expires, you can add more additional data to your existing plan. And yeah, it does not come free and for every 50GB, in addition, you add after exceeding your data limit, you will be charged $10 in your monthly bill.
Once you have read the above sections and understood in detail about the Xfinity plans and prices, it is now time to go ahead and subscribe to an Xfinity plan and get your Xfinity login details.
Below is how you can subscribe to an Xfinity plan online:
- First of all, visit the official Xfinity.com website.
- Navigate through the plethora of plans that Xfinity offers and pick a plan that fits your needs and your pocket.
- Once you find the Xfinity plan of your choice, click on the plan.
- In the new window that opens, click on the “Check Availability” button.
- Now, enter your address and click on “Continue”.
- If the Xfinity plan that you chose is available in the area you mentioned, then you will be able to proceed with the subscription.
- Fill in all the necessary details that you are asked for and then you will be able to make the payment.
- All the details will be mailed to you and you will be further contacted for setting up your Xfinity subscription.
Once you subscribe and create an Xfinity account, it is now time to go ahead and do the Xfinity login to log in to your account and check all the details related to your subscription. And below is how you can perform the Xfinity login.
- To do the Xfinity Login, load the Xfinity My Account webpage on your browser by clicking here.
- Enter your username and password in the space provided.
- After entering your Xfinity login credentials, enter the characters displayed on the screen in the space provided below the characters to verify that you are not a robot.
- Now, click on the “Sign In” button at the bottom of the page.
And that is it. Now you have completed the Xfinity login procedures successfully.
Xfinity by Comcast FAQ
Got more questions related to the Xfinity by Comcast plans and prices?
Below we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions related to Xfinity and their answers.
- Can I get both TV cable subscription and Internet subscription in a single Xfinity plan?Yes, Xfinity offers different plans in different price ranges where the TV cable and internet subscriptions are bundled together. You can go ahead and check the plans listed on their website to know more.
- Is the internet speed of Xfinity plans sufficient for online gaming?Yes, the internet speeds offered by Xfinity plans are sufficient for playing games online without having to face any kind of interruption. However, be sure to pick an Xfinity plan that matches your requirement for gaming. For best gaming experience, the Blast! or the Blast! Pro plans from Xfinity are the best choice.
- Which modem does Xfinity offer for its plan?If you choose to rent a modem from Xfinity, then the modem provided to you will depend on your plan. However, no matter which plans you choose, you will also be offered with a WIFI router along with your modem.
- How can I be sure that my modem works with my Xfinity plan?As mentioned above, the modem required by Xfinity plans depends on the plan itself and different Xfinity plans will have different modem requirements to get maximum speed and connectivity as offered by the plan.The best way to be sure that your existing modem works with your chosen Xfinity plan is by contacting the customer care and letting them know your modem’s model number.
Hope you found the detailed guide above helpful. We have covered all important details on Xfinity by Comcast that include details on Xfinity plans, Xfinity pricing and how to perform Xfinity login.
In case you have any doubts on Xfinity by Comcast, do leave a comment below with your query and we will surely help you with the best answers.